Saturday, September 27, 2008

James Concert


On September 25, we went to see James at the Vic. It was a nice repertoire (except that they did not play my favorite song - Protect me) and Mike really enjoyed the concert. I like James, but Mike is the fan. Before the concert, we stopped to eat at a restaurant that is closed by. It had food from the Middle East and I ordered the Mediterranean combo (three different meats- lamb, ground beef, steak), Mike had a chicken plate, and Ann and Barry had a falafel sandwich with fries. I tried the Baklava dessert (it was good, but the one at the Greek restaurant that we go to is better) and Mike had a good brownie.
The one thing I really liked was the opening act for James. Her name is Amy MacDonald. She is from Scotland and had a great voice. Her debut album is called This is the life. I am never good at describing the type of music (I will leave that to Ann and Barry), but it is kind of folky-rock. Mike and I liked it and bought the download version at amazon.
My sister babysat for me and I was glad that Arianna did great. Thank you.

No comments: