Sunday, September 21, 2008

Arianna's First Birthday Party

The day finally arrived and everyone came when we were almost ready :) The tables were set up on the driveway and we put balloons around the fence. We had chinese food and later we ordered some pizzas. There were different fruits to choose from, chips and ice cream as well. (Thanks to Rosalva for bringing ice cream to the party).
I was concerned that Arianna was going to be cranky because she was getting a mild cold, but she was a trooper and enjoyed her party.













She was enjoying a beautiful moment with her Aunt Tiffany (purple blouse). She started to like pens, crayons, etc. and she received a nice set of crayons. I think we will try them during the week and see what art she comes out with. (Thanks to Glenn for his art sheet of Super Why for Arianna. It is hanging on our fridge). She was also with my sister Alma (brown blouse) and Arianna was talking to her. She loves jewelry and my guess is that she liked my sister's medallion.
Arianna is getting better with people, but she still wants mostly mommy and daddy. So, it was nice that she stayed with Tiffany and Alma for a bit. Small steps I guess.



Arianna really liked this little girl in the picture. Her name is Arianna like my baby (spelled the same way too). My mom had to keep my Arianna from touching her head - of the other Arianna.
So cute. As I said in the comment above, Arianna is getting better with other people and I was happy that she likes her grandma Minerva. I was able to enjoy some Chinese food in the meantime.







First pinata! She was more interested in the pinata before it was hanging than when it was her turn to hit it. She also wanted to walk on the side street (more than the pinata), but the children had a blast. Especially when they could not kill the dinosaur and the monkey, and when the candy went flying around.




You can see the nice peach dress that we got her for her party. It has a kitty on the bottom since she loves her kitties that were in our room during the party. As you can see, the kids were hitting the pinata, but she was eager to practice how to walk.





Arianna's cake was awesome. I did not know how it was going to turn out (I ordered at Jewel), but I was really happy with the design and the taste. I was going to order from a specialty cake, but I did not think the amount they were charging was fair. So, I tried my nearest Jewel and I was looking for a zoo theme, but they did not have it so I went for Winnie the Pooh. It was just adorable. It had fresh strawberries in one side and fudge in the other one and had whipping cream (a bit of buttercream around the picture). Yummy!



Everyone was singing "Happy Birthday" and Mike was doing daddy duty. One because the wind was picking up and two because there was a boy that blew up the candle before. I mean, who can resist cake?! Arianna seems intrigue by the singing?







Arianna is eating some of her cake thanks to her grandma! I was cutting the cake for our guests, and grandma fed her some delicious cake and gave her a lollipop. That was her first lollipop ever! Well, this child has a sweet tooth. It is daddy and mommy's fault. Before I was pregnant I never liked brownies, but during my pregnancy I craved brownies badly. I am so glad that she loves grandma Marie and grandpa Ron (although she seems a bit more scared of guys, except for daddy).

















Thank you to all our friends that made it to the party. Debbie, Valana, Kyra and Tiffiney. Myrna, Albert and kids (Mady, Amanda, Arianna). Paulina, Amparito and Manuel (?) Rosalva with Adali and Natalie. Tiffiney and Bob (with us in the picture). It was so nice to share this moment with you! I can see some people enjoying some cake and having fun :)




































We were opening presents as fast as we could because Arianna was very tired already. She received lots of clothes (very needed it since she is growing), some nice toys and gift cards. Thank you all for your gifts.
I want to say thank you to Tiffiney for taking the time to make a blanket for Arianna. She will definitely use it in the winter time!




And finally thanks to all our families for making this day a memory to remember...








Here is Uncle David, Aunt Tiffany and cousin Glenn.















Aunt Ann and Barry!













Uncle Tony, Aunt Alma and her cousins: Scarlett, Phoenix, Logan and Raven!















Uncle Carlos, Aunt Ely, cousin Santana and Angelo.


















Grandma Minerva (holding Santana)














Grandma Marie and Grandpa Ron (This picture was taken in another event, unfortunately I did not have a picture where both were together (and visible). But the point is that we love them and we are happy that they are in our lives. :(


And finally, Uncle Ron and Aunt Evelyn that were with us in spirit since they could not be with us because of the distance. We love you too!

And so it ends the first party of our baby girl. I hope you enjoyed as much as we did. To all, thank you!

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Happy that Ari's birthday turn out to be on a sunny day and that most everyone was their to share the fun and celebration.

I love the little animals you made.
So sweet of you.

Happy Birthday Ari ;-)