Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Outing to an antique show and Michigan City

Our day started by going to the Antique Expo Show at Valparaiso, IN.  Here is the place!  My sister asked Mike what do you wear to this places? Mike's answer:  "Clothes".  So silly.
My sister found two things that she liked a lot.  Both were for the hair.  One was a feather band, and the other one she has in her hand.
The proceeds were going for the Mental Health Association in Porter County.  It was a nice cause.
They were a lot of vendors.  Lots of jewelry and older books. One booth did have all kinds of barbies in boxes.

Then, we went to Long John Silvers.  It was very good.  Very fresh and quick which was good because we were starving.   Arianna found this pirate's hat and we took turns at it.  We made faces and funny noises all to Arianna's delight!

She wanted us to say "grrrrrrr" and she will scream as she was scared and then laughed out loud.  We repeated this a few times.


She was getting ready to leave.  It was all fun, but it was time to go to the mall.  I liked their sign below!


It was a rainy day, but at least it stopped for awhile so we did not get too wet.
I did something that I don't do very often.  I bought some Bare minerals make up.  I figure I would give it a try when I go out...

Then, we stopped at Rue 21.  My sister loves this store.  I don't.  For one, it is too noisy, too crowded and small, and they don't have my size.  I am just too big for them.
 But, we did stop at one store that I go to for time to time... Fossil.  I bought a new bag!

I like this perfume.  It was DiaNoche by Daisy Fuentes.  Well, I don't know if I like the perfume as much as the bottle itself....

Mike liked this glasses.  Maybe he wanted some guinness.  He has not drink one in a long time...
And these are the goodies that I found at the Antique Show:

A bottle of buttons!  I'd been liking buttons now.  I think I got that from my Grandma!

Two really cute books

and a box of all Greetings Cards (which was my favorite).  It said things like: Happy Returns, You both are certainly justified, I'm not one for long orations, some gals are cute, we're still in swell condition, until you are up and well... I'll be beside myself... That is so cool :)

And that ended our day for today :)

2 comments:

Ann said...

I'm amazed Nathan and I didn't bump into you guys that Saturday! Love the pictures of Arianna laughing :)

Michael Nelson said...

I love the pirate pictures!