Sunday, March 14, 2010

52 projects #8 - Photography and doodling it...

52_proj_badge_v2








Today was a nice day to be outside.. .so nice that Mike built Arianna's swing set giving to us last fall.  He said that was his weekend project so I guess it is contagious.  Even my mother finished two baby blankets, I will post pictures of those as well in another entry.   :) But  for me, my project was to take some nature pictures (mostly birds and squirrels), I have not done that since I went back to work and realized how much I love it (again ).

Mike also refilled and bought some new bird feeders.  Here we have our first purple finch birds of the season (I can't remember for sure if they are finch, but I remember their name started with purple! )

It always amazes me how flexible this creatures can be and how cute as well.  We also try to have enough food for everyone.  I love this shot of the squirrel eating a piece of pear.
 
What are these birds?  Sparrows? finches?  They come each year... Need to check with my book...

And I'd never seen this one before... Deborah can you help?
I am going to trim my plants for the upcoming Spring... but here we have what will be some awesome Coneflowers and Honeysuckle Vines!

As for my doodling it, I am trying to do my own "Cloth dolls" design, what do you think? The first one is based in a girl that is not skinny, but that loves herself anyhow ;)
This drawings were from memory.  I used to draw them all the time from about 5 - 12 years old.  I wish I would have keep them since I think I was a better doodler when I was little.  I used to call the watermelon doll, maybe I used to make the face more elongated... if I knew who Jay Leno was then, I could have called them the Leno doll since I always drew a bigger chin...

I am trying to draw my cat Jack and make him into a stuffed animal and since I love owls so much, I combined both! (Oh, the doll in the corner was based in Kelly Osbourne... )

The last 2 drawings are for my daughter that loves trees that dance and blue's clues!
Had an awesome time!  (By the way, I bought a juice maker following the cue from Breen and Jane.  Now, I need to buy some yummy vegetables and fruits!  Maybe that will be a future project!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute drawings!

dreamer said...

I love watching the birds and wildlife in our garden, we haven'thad any squirrels yet but have seen them not far down the lane, red ones though.
Love the cat/owl sketches , are you going to make them up as rag dolls?

Erika (for Arianna :) said...

Dreamer: That is the idea :) to make rag dolls / stuffed animals for the next birthday of my daughter so I still have some time to come up with stuff :)

Lis said...

i seriously love, i mean LOVE that cat and owl. if you make 2, i'll give them a good home!

K A B L O O E Y said...

Hey, Erika: sorry I called you Arianna in my comments section -- I was rushing. But wouldn't it be something if we kept at it long enough for her to respond with comments? Great doodling. I hope to see some of those dolls. I'd like to try something with felt some week. Always liked the stuff when I was young.

Erika (for Arianna :) said...

Kablooey: It is funny that you mentioned that. My husband just got me a bunch of felt yarn to try make some animals. That will be one of the future projects :)
Thanks Lis :)

Annie Z said...

This is a good project! One that I will do myself one week, specifically going to take photos.

I really love the photo of the bird feeder! Fantastic.