Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Miscellaneous

About two weeks ago, I saw a very dear friend of mine from middle school - her name is Daniela. We had not seen each other since 1998 so it was very nice to finally get together. I did not take a picture of her with her family. I have to do that next time. We went to a Thai restaurant that is located in downtown. The food was really good. Yums! Hopefully, we will see each other again soon.


Here is the thief. Well, they did give me some really nice sunflowers. I guess they think that makes it fair for them to get my tomatoes. Next year I have to do a better job with my tomatoes. So, I don't mind them eating them this time :)


Daniela gave me a Lego's train for Arianna. Her grandparents were helping her with it.


She loved it. Thanks, Dany. Ah, the umbrella that comes with the train was her favorite part.


Oh, here is the umbrella that I was just telling you about.


The next day we went to Brookfield Zoo. I took advantage of the free pass from the library. It is amazing how much they are charging now days. It is 24 dollars per adult with all the extras, or 19 dollars with 3 extras tickets to things like the carousel, butterflies, or the bus/train tour. And for kids, I think the cheapest I saw was 14 dollars. I guess the best way to go is to get the membership, if you go 2 or 3 times will be a better deal.
Arianna's favorite part was the primates. Mmmm, I wonder where she gets that from! Although she called them monkeys. Mike was trying to tell her the difference between monkeys and apes!


We stopped for a mini snack. We took our own lunch, just some peanut butter sandwiches and crackers. That way, we can have a nice dinner somewhere else.


I love the giraffes.

It was a very sunny day. We stayed for about 2-3 hours. Then, decided to go. Arianna was getting tired and the place was getting super crowded. By the time we left, they had closed the entrance since there was no parking spaces anymore.

Love to take pictures of trees. What do you think of the light coming through?

I almost did not notice the peacock. It had 2 babies following her.

No comments: