Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mike's Graduation Party

Let's see. Mike's party was a big deal to us. I mean he went to school (part time) for a long time even though he was working full time, and also giving us time to all his family. And that includes more than just Ari and me. Anyway, anyone in my book that can accomplish something like this is worth of a good party, right?

So, I asked my mom to help me so we could celebrate a Mexican Theme Party. I have to say that my mom did amazing as she did most of the cooking. But, my sister cooked an amazing barbacoa from scratch! and made a yummy horchata (rice water). Tony did the rice (puertorican style) and helped us with the grilling. (SO , thanks to everyone that cooked for us).

Here is a list of the menu:

Pozole, pork stew in green sauce, barbacoa, beans, rice, salsas, arrachera (grilled steaks), guacamole, and all the trimmings.

For drinks:

Horchata, sodas (about 4 different kinds), and for those that drink we went with 5 different types of beer: Pacifica, Corona, 2 XX, Negra Modelo, Tecate, and we bought Mike's hard lemonade. We had tequila as well, but no one went for it. Maybe next time.

For desserts:

I bought two cakes. One chocolate, and one was lemon fluff. And here I have to thank the following persons for bringing desserts:

Michelle (yummy cookies and brownies) Please, I want the recipe for the cookies! And brownies too :)
Jen (cookies) - my daughter eats at least 2 and I have to hide the container! Need recipe as well!
Tiffany - brownies! Likewise for recipe.
Tiffiney - cheesecake! - I love that you do this for me!

And we have different fruits with the chilli powder, lime, and salt.

We were soooooooooo stuffed. It was a good day. Thanks to everyone that came to celebrate such a special time for us. Mike was very happy and amazingly he did not get a hangover!

Finally, thanks to everyone for the wonderful gifts and for everyone that helped me clean at the end. All of you are amazing :)

Ann do not hide. I can still see you!

I got you!

Whose peeking there? Oh, Santana!

Hi Glenn!

My mom.

Here we were at the dessert stage.

Ari picked that bear for his daddy.


Mike opening the presents.

Brownies!

No need for explanation except delicious.

Alma and Tony.


Jen and Michelle.
Dave and Tiffany.

Debbie and Velana that just escape me!

Jen, Mike, Michelle, and Francisco.

Phoenix and Logan.

Scarlett and Raven.

p.s. Ari was asleep and when she woke up, I did not have the camera, but she was there too!

p.s.2 I was just reading a comment from my friend Jane and I realized that I did not take a picture of the food! grrrr. I was too busy heating the tortillas and making sure everyone was having a bite. Next time for sure!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww, I'm so sorry I missed it...but congrats!!

Jane said...

The party sounds amazing and food too!! What a great menu! Congrats to your hubby :)))