Thursday, April 2, 2009

Biltmore -Last pictures from our trip

On Tuesday from our trip, we decided to go to Biltmore in Ashville, North Carolina about 90 miles away from Gatlinburg, TN. It is not cheap to go in, but the experience is worth it. It is a huge castle that belonged to Vanderbilt (still in his family) and has 250 rooms, 43 bathrooms, swimming pool, pantries, kitchens, winter garden, huge library, observatory, and much much more...

That is the view from the balcony from the castle. You cannot take pictures in the inside, but they let you in the outside.

After the tour in the Castle, we went to the Conservatory or Huge Green House. It hosts lots of different plants, flowers, trees, etc.... and some lovely orchids as well. The picture below us, looking like a chinese lantern, love it. Don't know what it is, but love it.

This picture was taken in the Gardens, a huge area with many paths and flowers. There are at least 2000 roses, many hydrangeas, daffodils, hycinths, and so much more. I can not put all the pictures of the flowers that we took (many of the plants mentioned were just blooming too), but the one below caught my attention because of the bee... and we did not go the winery tour or the farm, this place is huge!


And while I was taking pictures outside, I saw these girls (that were in my way of the flowers) and thought wow, one day Arianna is going to be that age... Plus, they were having a blast!

Talking about my sweet baby, here she is with her love of any letters in anything...here, yep, the garbage... Heck, it is an elegant garbage disposal, mind you. :)


And I will end with my two love ones, Arianna reading to her daddy. Like I said, all about letters. Aren't they cute together?

Until later...

No comments: