Thursday, April 2, 2009

Smokies III

I took too many pictures to post all of them, but I hope you get the idea of how beautiful the Smoky Mountains are... The next three pictures are landscapes of the mountains, they can look so different (specially by seasons)...




I saw this bird at the Oconaluftee Farm, but I have no idea what it is. Love the golden/yellow/brown combination.

Ari having a great time walking and running with daddy... Yes, we used the "leash". I never understood why parents used them, but after Arianna started running I got it.

One thing about the Smokies is that there are lots of waterfalls to see of many forms. Here is the Mingo Falls, a 180 foot drop and the biggest (I think). It is not too bad to get to it, about a .8 mile round trip, but you have to walk up the wooden stairs and there are a lot of steps... I took a picture of that, but could not find it right now. It is very impressive. I will try to find it later. (First two pictures are with us, and the last one is for you to see Mingo Falls)

Once you go up the stairs, this is the path that you walk to get to the waterfall and back... It is a bit narrow, but not bad at all.

Here is another fall called Socca Falls. It is smaller to the Mingo Falls in height, but it is much wider. I took some pictures from really high ground, so you cannot appreciate how wide it is, and how beautiful. The nice thing about Socca, you can actually get closer. Mike did, but I was up the path and I did not see so he could have captured the two different currents merging into the falls. Trust me, this fall is awesome.

This is the deck where I took the pictures, there was a small path that you could follow if you like to hang like monkeys from trees and get really dirty, but it is worth it. Too bad it was raining and had Arianna so mommy had to stay clean for that reason :)

I loved how those golden leaves looked through the green foliage. In person, it looks even magical. Lots of light. It is really hard to capture that with the lense and a moving car, but I think you will get the idea.

No comments: