Monday, March 30, 2009

Smokies II...

Trying to download some of the pictures from our trip... since the files are too big and I can't seem to do it in our desktop, I tried in my laptop. The only thing is that the files are too big so I can't download, see and pick the pictures, so I had picked blindly (just my number)...I hope you enjoyed them!
For the same reason, some of the pictures were taken before and after the trip, but I like them so much that I left them for you to see...


Our Misty, she likes to lounge on the sofa and get some sunny rays...

I am not sure if this kitty is a stray or not, does not look like it, people around us let the cats out (some without a collar), but they still have a house....

When we came from the trip (from a rainy 60's degree) we got snow welcoming us back. It lasted a day and another day or two to melt...

I think our birdie friends missed us since our bird feeders were empty... I refilled them and lots of friends were waiting for me to finish...

Here is a Robin, we normally don't have robins in the backyard (there are in the front of the house), except for one year that they used one of the birdhouses next to the garage for a summer and we could not go closed to it (eggs were in there)..., but I was surprised to see them that day.

I was intrigued by this bird that I have not seen before, went to my bird book and they are some type of Grackles! I guess they were passing by (they are supposed to be in the South), and I haven't seen them since that day.

This is where our trip started with a visit to Oconaluftee Farm (may be misspelled) in the Cherokee side of the Smokies in North Carolina. Here is a picture of one of my favorites birds, the Eastern Bluebird. I love their colors - blue and orange with some white.

Picture taking while going in the car, the trees were waking up and the buds were starting to open, in no time those trees will be so green...

We went through the Motor Trail - Roaring Fork. It is a nice place to see, there are so many creeks, trees, wildlife, boulders, etc...

Love the sound of the "river" or "creek", it is so soothing.

I love to take pictures of the road. How many roads can one life take?

I like how you can still see the movement of the water in this pic. I just wish you could feel the breeze and the smell that we felt.

I normally don't look up, but I am not sure why I did. I love this picture. The way the trees look under the sky.

This picture was for Mike. He loves the mill, so here it is. It is a wonderful mechanical invention.

More water pics, took a lot of those. When I can I will put my ultra favorite picture...

There are a lot of boulders... I like how nature arranges itself.

In the road, sometimes you feel like you are going under the trees - just the way the road is - that is why I like this picture.

Here are some wild turkeys. There were three, just walking around. We waited until they moved into the grass, and I was able to take this picture in the meantime.

Taking from the car, but I like the feeling that the river never ends...

One more shot of the flow of water...

The Ogle Farm part of the Roaring Fork Tour... It is amazing that this house has stood for so long. It is a nice walk to.

And I will end with a picture of these trees. In a few weeks, you would not be able to see through them at all...

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

We see Grackles all the time in our back yard. I love them! Blue iridescence with bright yellow eyes. They're one of my favs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Grackle

Erika (for Arianna :) said...

I had seen some similar before, but I thought they were ravens...these were really nice.