Friday, October 10, 2008

Random things that caught my attention

I was driving to get Mike from work when I saw this beauty. I had seen really bad cars out there, but I have not see a van so beat up in awhile. I could even looked inside the van through some of the holes in the back. Poor thing, if I was the van I would demand to retire!

Then, today I was sitting at the dining room when I heard "thump". I looked out and it was a poor birdie that had hit our sliding door. I went outside and stayed with the bird for about 8 minutes until it was able to fly to the tree in the back. I got some beautiful shots. (The shots that are below were taken with my small camera, but I also got some shots with my new camera and they are better, but I could not find the cable to download right now). As I love bird watching; I was in heaven taken pictures literally about 1-2 in. from the bird. :) Oh, I was very happy. First , I was worried that it injured its right eye (it was closed) and she had the mouth open panting, but after a few minutes she was fine. whew!

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Man, that first pic, the bird is really looking at you.

That van is just...amazing. I haven't seen one that bad in a while. When you can wave to the passenger in the car on the other side of the van, you have a problem!

Evelyn said...

Ahhhh Erika then you should see some of the bird's hanging out at TJ Ranch.

Here's Joan's post: http://tjranch.blogspot.com/

That might be a family trip. hah. :-)

Erika (for Arianna :) said...

Tiff: The bird was really looking at me. I guess after hitting the glass really hard, it could not move and was just trying to guard itself against me :) That is why I stayed with him. Sometimes there are some cats around and I did not want something bad to happen.
Evelyn: That will be an awesome trip. Maybe one day. Me, sitting taking pictures while my family is having fun as well... yep, that will be awesome.

Ann said...

Maybe you should put up one of those bird decals on your patio doors so birds don't smack into it :( Glad she was ok!!