Monday, October 6, 2008

Arianna's "New" Desk

We went to Frankfort on Sunday. It was a nice day even though it was raining a bit. We started by going to the Fresh Market they have every Sunday until the end of October then we went to a barn style mall - very quaint- we had not been there in a long time. I don't even remember when it was the last time we went. They used to be antique stores and arts and crafts style stores. Unfortunately, most of the stores and a nice used book store were gone. They did have a new guitar store. Of course the guitar I liked costs 7ka. I think I will keep admiring it only :) They also have a new place for kids- some kind of museum and arts and crafts activities for children. Pretty cool, but it was closed. We looked through the windows.



















The one store that caught our eyes was selling all of their stuff at 50% because the owner was retiring after 12 years of business. I found a nice decoration for the wall - a set of 4 small bird theme plates with the hanger (all I need is a nail to display). Also, a couple of nice cards (like birthday cards), and I was very tempted to buy a small tiffany lamp style - but I did not.
What we did buy is a beautiful desk for Arianna! Check it out.
Hopefully she will like it for awhile. It looks like a small version of my "desk", so maybe one day we can do something together. :)

3 comments:

Evelyn said...

Ari you're a natural. Can't wait for school. That's awesome. Good catch Mikey and Erika. Talk about bring back memories. Sweet. Enjoy.

Ron Nelson said...

That desk looks pretty darn cool. A good place for drawing.

Ann said...

I love those desks! That's an awesome piece of furniture.