Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Recently...

We had a few events recently! On November 1, we went to see the Thomas Jefferson show with John Williams from WGN 720 and Clay Jenkinson. It was the second time that we had gone to see the show (last year was the first time), but each show is different. If you are interested to know more about it, here is the link ... http://www.jeffersonhour.org/
While away in our show, Arianna's grandparents babysat for us. Thank you, we were able to stop and had dinner at Baker Square (yummy for pies). When we got home, our bundle of joy was asleep and they told us that she behaved, so that is always a relief for us. She is getting better with people :)
On November 2, my mom came by and we went to the cemetery to visit my grandma ( I cannot believe it will be 3 yrs since she passed away). In this date, a lot of people celebrate the "day of death". Basically is a special day to remember those that are gone and you can do a few things such as: Make an altar where you decorate with different things that people that passed away used to like (food and drink), put pictures, sugar skeletons, etc... and two, go to the cemetery for a bit.
We had gone to the cemetery before, but unless is mother's or father's day or other important holiday, we don't see that many people so I was surprised to see a lot of them visiting. I guess I did not think others celebrated this day or it may be just coincidental..

After the cemetery, we went to IKEA and Arianna found a new friend to take home!


On November 4, we went to vote early because Mike had a bunch of meetings. Arianna was in the sling so she went to the booth with me (we used the paper style, it was faster and I guess I am a bit old fashion). It was quite challenging keeping her for taking the pen. She wanted to vote to, but we managed! (See how tired and happy she looks after doing her civic duty) :)


But no, she was not ready to take a nap yet. So, I put one of the shows that she is starting to like...Barney! I never thought I will be listening to that dinosaur, but she likes the songs... and at the same time a bomb went off (all toys just exploded in my living floor)! [She was dancing in this picture]


See, even my poor Misty jumped to the top of the recliner to protect herself!

Then, Arianna decided it was time to read a book. Lately, this book has become one of her favorites. I think I read this book about 15 times a day.

And after too much excitement, she decided to take a break in her favorite chair!
(In this picture she looks a lot like Mike and Ann, don't you think?)


And finally, I went out to get a few things that we needed, she felt asleep and I was able to take a picture of this tree (If you go back in the posts, you will see how it used to look a few weeks ago).

(On a final note for this post) No matter who would have been the President, I cannot think of a harder job right now. Everyone is hoping and expecting so much. I heard this phrase over and over : " With change, there is hope!", so I hope that the new President Barack Obama can start that process... Here is to a positive beginning.

1 comment:

Ron Nelson said...

Yea, she is looking a lot like Mike. Though, she is clearly her parents child. :-)

I'm glad she likes her chair.

Mom & Dad didn't have any problems at all with her the other day. She was great (knocking out around 8, I think). I don't think they want to raise any more kids, but they love babysitting their grandkids.