Sunday, May 30, 2010

52 projects #19 - A haircut!

52_proj_badge_v2

My husband hates to get haircuts... apparently this is the case since he was a little boy.  But, his hair was soooooo long that I had no choice but to try to cut his hair.  I am not a hair stylist.  The scissors and I only see each other when cutting fabric or paper! But, here it goes.

Well, it is long, right?  This is when I was getting ready to cut his hair... Arianna got a little scare and we put a cartoon that she likes so she could ignore the noise.

wow, so much hair gone... and I was just working the back part.
First shot, work in progress... second looking at lot better.
The forehead and side burns were not easy.  For the forehead since he has a widow's peak cut too much and he will have like a hole in the hair.. .for the sideburns... trying to match them is the hard part.  I got so nervous around here, but he was calm like a clam.
Done!  He started making poses too.  You are so funny, sweety.  Now, time to clean.  It looked like I grew a little monster with all the hair!

6 comments:

brandi said...

~great job at spiffing your l♥ve up!! i do my little ones hair and let me tell ya...we have had a few mishaps with the clippers...not such an easy task! happy memorial day...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

Lis said...

i love it!

my husband is ... um ... follicularly challenged so i don't have a chance to be as creative with his hair cuts. i love your husband's pride in his new look!

:) Lis (coming over from 52 projects)

Jane said...

Fantastic project for the week! His hair cut turned out so nice (and think of the money you saved doing such a great job yourself). One time before Breen started shaving his head he asked me to give him a trim with his electic clippers. I don't think I finished it was so nerve wracking!

Jane said...

Just stopping by to let you know I finally posted my project this morning. Go on over to 52 projects and take a peek :)

Killara girl said...

i think you did a pretty good job, it looks like his pic in the sidebar...i started cutting my kids and mine hair the past year...there's some great tutorials on the web. it gets easy when you kinda get it. your so lucky your hubby would let you cut it!

Diana said...

Wow! You're so brave! I am completely timid about cutting hair. It looks great!