Sunday, May 2, 2010

52 Projects - #15 Batman Blanket

52_proj_badge_v2

I actually finished this one last Saturday, but could not post because it was a gift for my sister in law and I wanted her to be surprised.  I mailed it to her first :)  I did not do this in one week.  It actually took me almost 2 years to do.  But, last week was the only thing I focus because I was so close and wanted to finish.  So, here it is.  I was so happy I was able to finish a big project.  Now, I feel energize to do something else :)
These are some pictures of how it looks in the front, and I took a picture of how it looks in the back.  A lot of times, when I see a project I always wonder how it looks in the back, but they seldom put a picture.  I know it is not as cute, but sometimes is good to see so a newbie can get an idea of what to do in the back.  So, here is mine ;)
And Arianna saw the blanket and liked it.  She said "Mama is wonderful".  Then, she laid down for awhile and when she was not looking I put it away.  Now, I am making her a blanket. :)

7 comments:

Alisha said...

Wow! That is so cool!

Evelyn said...

THANK YOU Erika... I LOVE it. Totally made my day. I know it was a labor of love and I'll do my best to take good care of it. Thank you again.

Killara girl said...

Wow Arianna, that is so cool....what an awesome gift I know how much work you put into that...it looks fabulous.

about the collages, these were digital - my kids draw in paint...they used to use kids pix which is a fabulous program, but i haven't loaded any of their old software because most of it doesn't work anymore on XP (convenient huh only about $500 worth of games) anyway they play on miniclips all the time which is better anyway but i have a free wireless connection that is more often not connected so they paint when they can't get online.

the original tutorial had scans of real artwork. I photograph my kids art and am slowly getting it on my blog...i'm actually using it for ww this week...but the art is too good not to hang on the wall which i will do when our renovation is completed...hhmmmm 'if' :):)

Jane said...

Wow!! I think that blanket would take me 10 years to finish! Really gorgeous and I love the picture of Arianna all snuggled up in it :))

K A B L O O E Y said...

That blanket is amazing. I want to buy one (sure as heck can't make one). GREAT JOB!

MrB said...

Ooohhh! I want an Ironman one. the old school Ironman, not RDJr

{eleise} said...

WOW!!! Amazing job!!!