Sunday, April 25, 2010

52 projects - #14 Loom Scarf

52_proj_badge_v2
 For this week, I focused in finishing my second scarf that I made in a loom.  I tried a different stitch because the first one (even though I love) the stitch is too loose for a baby blanket that I want to try.  Then, I found out a different one that has a tighter stitch so I tried it and loved it!   I know I should think Spring, but I am happy that I finished the scarf before the winter ;)

Someone asked me about the Swap Craft, there are different ways, but the one I am doing you make your project for 30 persons and mail it to one person, that person makes your package consisting of 30 things from the other people that participated and mails it to you.  When you send your package to her, you add some money for the shipping back... sometimes it is hard to let go of your creations, but I kept one for me and I think that hopefully they will like it and use it and appreciate it like I do.  I  view it as sharing something from me to you.  So, in that sense it is easy to let go.

7 comments:

Jane said...

Wow! I love the scarf and I definitely need to get one of those looms soon! I tend to do my knitting in the very late summer in to the fall. This gives me plenty of time to find one. Love the idea of the craft swap. What a great way to connect with creativity!

Michael Nelson said...

I am most skilled at helping Erika pack her crafts up for shipping!

Michael Nelson said...

Since I alsways have the windows open when it is warmer than 50 utside, the scarf works for all seasons for you!

Evelyn said...

Very cool Erika. Love the photos. I like how your flower button pin turned out.

It's so nice to share with other fellow crafter. Everyone learns from one another. Sweet.

Keep having fun. Hugs ○☺○

MrB said...

Finished before winter; now that's funny.

Well done!

Diana said...

The scarf is just lovely! Someday I will learn to knit!

K A B L O O E Y said...

Love the scarf too! And thanks for explaining the exchange. I spent a nice hour in a bookstore today looking at craft books and bought two. One will actually require me to learn to make a stitch, so maybe I'll conquer my phobia of all things sewing/knitting/quilting related by the end of the 52 Projects. I LOVE all this stuff, but have never learned any of it. Thanks for further inspiration.