Monday, February 1, 2010

"New Clothes"

We had seen a new store of gentle used children 's clothes near our house called Once upon a child and we decided to check it out mostly because the thrift store does not seem to have 3Ts, we are in a budget and Arianna needed some clothes (mostly pants). Arianna had a lot of fun! They had toys as well, but they were not as cheap as the thrift store, but in the other hand the toys are in better condition and complete sets, otherwise they will tell you. No broken pieces, no chipped stuff. Not bad, but we have enough toys for now. I am looking for a kitchen though. She loved his cousin's kitchen last time we went to visit. As for the clothes, you would not even know they were used. I bought two things that still had the tags. Prices were 2.50- 5.00 average. They had dresses or design clothes (GAP, Phat, etc) that are a bit more expensive. We would go again, and hopefully next time the crazy lady that was following Mike will not be there!



This was one of the projects from the 52 projects per year. But I wanted to add some more pictures. She really liked it. Maybe one day we will get an easel, a big one! And we may try feet painting just like someone left in my comments!


Mike was looking for a way to arrange all of Arianna's toys and we bought some baskets. They look so pretty :)

4 comments:

Michael Nelson said...

Because of an OCD issue I have, i cannot finger-paint with Arianna. I've always hated ink on my hands for reasons that have never been rational, and it has gotten worse with age. That's why there are paint brushes, though!

Tiffany said...

lol, I showed Glenn the photos and I thought it was a good idea until he told me it was 'too messy' and 'I can't'. So we'll do brushes too.

Tiffany said...

The bin idea is good. Anything to make it effortless for them to put their stuff away (or parents!). Ironically I just bought a bin for the same purpose for the living room.

Ann said...

Of course in the first picture she's looking at something with circles on it.