Sunday, January 31, 2010

52 projects in one year.

52_proj_badge_v2

My friend Jane at www.paintedhouse52.blogspot.com has a wonderful idea of doing 52 projects in one year and everyone will share what they did on Sundays. It started two weeks ago, but I did not see it until a few days. So for the second week I did 2 things

1. Finger painting with my daughter. The first one is hers and the second is mine. I don't ever remember doing finger painting when I was little. I remember crayons, pencils, markers, watercolor, but not finger painting. She loved it. She said " I loved to draw!"


2. I tried a new recipe: Chocolate Chips cookies using the space that Mike made for me. The recipe is from Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies! :) (It says it yields 60 cookies, I got 50)

Level: Easy
  • Prep: 15 min
  • Cooking: 9 min
  • Cooling time: 15 min cooling
  • Yields: 60

  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
  • 1 cup chopped nuts

conversion calculator

PREHEAT oven to 375° F.

COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

6 comments:

Jane said...

Oh, I'm so glad you've joined us!! I love the finger paintings. What a great mommy and me time. As for the cookies...YUM! Can I put my order in for a few dozen? If they're anything like the ones you mailed me last summer, they would be gone in 5 minutes :))

Tiffany said...

That's fun. I may have finger painted as a kid but I don't remember. Sometimes it's good to get messy and into the art. I will try it with Glenn soon too, fun & creative!

dreamer said...

Getting messy with kids is great fun :) Cookies look yummy too!

brandi said...

~finger painting is among one of our favorite things to do...have you tried letting your little use their feet...quite an experience...and your cookies...uummm...nothing like a chocolate chip cookie...lovely week 2 for you...brightest blessings~

MrB said...

Finger paints and cookies?? I'm comin' over to play!

Rochelle said...

Fingerpainting! Fun - I maybe have to get me some paints and crayons too for that matter. As for the chocolate cookies well...I'll be over in a few minutes with some milk. :)