Sunday, February 7, 2010

52 Projects #3

52_proj_badge_v2

For my third project I decided to do a scarf. Now, I have done plenty of scarves ( it has been awhile since my last one), but I had never used a loom!
My mom had bought one and was telling me about it so I got curious and I went to the store and saw a bag with 4 looms of different sizes for about 20 dollars. That was at the end of December and finally was able to use it.
Now they are a few mistakes, but overall looks pretty nice to me. My daughter loved it and it is her size!

After finishing the scarf, my reward was a piece of yummy chocolate!

I got Periwinkle to model for me :)


And then my daughter, (Can you tell that she picked her pajamas?) loved it and slept with it for awhile.

8 comments:

Annie Z said...

Wow, thats fantastic. I love the weave that it created. Well done!

Jane said...

Oh my God!!! This is just fabulous, Erika!! I love the color and your daughter looks so cozy and happy with her new scarf. I have never even heard of knitting with a loom. How long did it take to make that? I'm still working on a simple scarf for Breen that seems to be endless in the making :((

Jane said...

PS: I love the photos. They tell such a nice story.

Rochelle said...

Mmm that looks so thick, warm and cozy - great job!

dreamer said...

The scarf looks great, I've never seen anything done with one of those looms,might be an idea for me to try out as knitting with needles seems to be beyond me totally :)

Erika (for Arianna :) said...

It took me about 4 hours and I was amazed by the results. I am going to try a blanket next :)

K A B L O O E Y said...

Sorry I'm so late catching up with everyone. You've got a beautiful little model there, and I really love that your three projects are so varied. I can't knit at all either, but maybe by then end of 52 projects I'll get to ALL these things I'd like to try.

Jane said...

Erika, where did you buy the looms? Are they sold as "knitting looms" or just "looms"? I definitely want to investigate this!