Saturday, January 30, 2010

WPP #5

The first picture is not my WPP, but Mike's. He took this picture during the week and I liked the motion of the Cardinal. I think is a wonderful picture.

This one is mine. We have about 4 squirrels that are in our yard quite often (if not always). We have more than that, but they come and go. We had some leftover apples and I figure they may liked them. After a few minutes, they spotted the apples, came from their house (the tree is next to our fence), and started eating some of it... then they took off with the entire apple, but I forgot to snatch a picture of that. It is amazing what they can carry!
In the summer, I have a hate-love relationship when they keep trying to eat my tomatoes and flowers, but I always try to plant extra for them and try to buy food they like so they leave my tomatoes alone (for the most part). After seeing a Chicken Hawk almost getting one, I was so scared for the little one. I know is the circle of life and such... so I figure I can re-plant. No biggie. I may still complaint a bit if they take a super nice flower :( but I love the little critters. Plus, I remember how my grandma used to feed them peanuts. She loved animals. I wish she could see my garden. She would have liked it. I try to imagine what she would have done: plant? pick flowers? veggies? birdwatching? squirrel feeding? Now, I just need to do that so she can watch us wherever she is. :)


2 comments:

Michael Nelson said...

This was my first time using Erika's SLR camera and I had the wrong lens attached. I wish I was able to gt some shots of him on the feeder.

Deborah said...

This squirrel is so cute!