Sunday, October 25, 2009

Girls dinner out!





On Friday, my friends Tiffiney, Leigh Ann, and I went to a new restaurant in Chinatown. It is called Cafe Hoang (232 W Cermak - same block as the fire station) and it specializes in Vietnamese food with some Thai food as well (lesser amounts). I saw a Check, please episode and that is where I heard/saw about this restaurant the first time. So, we decided to give it a try.
I forgot to take some pictures of the crab Rangoon, but they were delicious and big. They were 4 for $4.95. The spring rolls (same price) were good, although I liked the crab Rangoon better (Can't compare with fry food I suppose, haha). The Thai Ice Tea was good as well (but 3.50 a piece). For the main entrees, we ordered a Vietnamese plate with beef and shrimp and an egg roll (7.95)- really really good, a shrimp and chicken stir fry (10.95)- good as well, and a ginger chicken cooked in a clay pot (9.95)- just yummy. So, at the end of the day, it was about 20dls (taking into account tips and taxes) but well worth it, we are definitely going back. And to top it off, we had an amazing server and great conversations. Thank you!

No comments: