Friday, September 11, 2009

Last gathering of the Summer

Summer is coming to an end around here and Mike and Ann wanted to go bike riding. Next thing we know, if turned into a nice picnic outing. (Well, it was nice for a little while until we had about 3- 4 different radios fighting to see who was the loudest. Then, we decided to get to our house and we continued with the picnic there. Alas, it was very peaceful.)


Mike getting Ari ready with helmet and such. She does not care for the helmet, but she knows she needs it to ride.


A nice shot of the area. It is a nice trail, it gets harder as you walk in... not as flat and there were a lot mosquitoes. But the area is beautiful. I did not go in as much as Tiff, Dave, and Glenn, but I was able to capture 3 types of mushrooms. What a difference between them!


Well, this is not about the picnic. But, I wanted to include a picture of my best tomato of the season! What do you think? I see a salad with my tomato, mozzarella cheese and basil in my future :)

2 comments:

Jane said...

What a fun day! Enjoy the rest of the summer days....they are soon coming to an end. But there's always Fall to look forward to!

Evelyn said...

Hi Erika, love the photos. Glad that the Nelson Clan were able to have one more together one more time.

Cool photos of the mushrooms. I like taking photos of them since no one is alike. They have such personality. I had fun creating a fantasy world with a few of the mushrooms I took when we were in the Smokies. Thanks for sharing. Boy, the kids are sure growing up fast. Before long they'll be teens. jejejeje

Lots of love to all.