Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Backyard possibilities

This is one of the new Morning (or is it Mourning?) Dove that started to show up in our yard. We used to have a pair, and now we have about 5-6! There are not bad, at least they don't try to eat the vegetables and they keep in the back of the yard.

I saw this flower, does anyone know what it is? I have not seen it before, and I did not plant it. So, if it is a wildflower, it is very pretty.


I am hopeful that my "lovely" squirrels keep ignoring these tomatoes!


I cut one of the purple green pepper, the other one is not ready yet. we will use it to make a yummy salad.


These roses reminded me when I used to dance and had a huge red squirt with lots of waves. Oh, those were the days, when I was young and fit.


I took this picture a day before a squirrel will take the red tomato. Oh, squirrel! This is when I have a love-hate relationship with them!


My best deal of this summer came when I bought this plant called Wishbone. I paid 1 dollar. It was a small thing and I thought it was going to die, but it has grow at least 5 x the original size :)


Dahlias. Lots of dahlias. Love them.

More dahlias. The little dahlias. Tiny little dahlias.

Sunflowers. How about this, the squirrel gave us a gift! I did not plant sunflowers there, and suddenly one comes up! Thanks squirrel.

1 comment:

Jane said...

The purple flower looks a little like the morning glories that are growing on our telephone pole. My son loved them so much that he bought a packet and planted them in our front yard. All summer he watered it and it took off like a weed...because it was a weed! We yanked the offensive weed out and low and behold, the real morning glory has started to come up in its place. The photos are beautiful!