Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sugar Lime cookies


Here is the recipe for the Sugar Lime Cookies:

Makes: 30 cookies
Prep: 15-20 mins
Chill: 1 hour
Cook : 20 (25 minutes for me)

3/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar divided
Zest of 2 limes (about 2 tablespoons)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 large egg yolks (room temp.) - 30 minutes out of the fridge before using :)
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (usually one lime if it is juicy)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 1/2 cups flour

1. BEAT butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar, and lime zest on medium speed with an electric mixer fitted with a paddle until lightly creamed ( I don't have a paddle so I used the other kind that came with the mixer and I used a spatula or flat utensil and it works). Add sour cream, and beat just until blended. Stir egg yolks and lime juice, scraping down sides of bowl. Add salt, baking powder, and flour, and beat until blended. Chill dough 1 hour. (I don't cover it, but I guess you could if you want).

2. PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees. They asked to line two baking sheets with parchment paper, but I put a little cooking spray and it works. Place remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into a 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar, and place on baking sheets.

3. BAKE at 350 degrees for 20 -25 minutes or until edges begin to brown; bottoms will look light golden. (For crisper cookies, bake a few additional minutes). Remove to wire racks to cool.

4. ENJOY!

(I think I got this recipe from Cottage Living Magazine that is sadly gone. It was a nice magazine).

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

delicious! I am printing it now...