Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Favorite Toys and more

I love how these pictures came out with the natural sunlight. She was watching Super Why and was very concentrated with the letters.

Just a tiny smile that says I can still see that you are with your camera...


Ready to play the next game. In this case was the new blocks that she got.


On Saturday, I went out with Tiffany to Huck's Finn, Michael's (always a dangerous store for me), and then a thrift store on ~64th St. It has really good kid's books in great condition. Sometimes they are even new. So, we stopped by and found quite a few for our kids. Arianna new expression when she likes something is "Wow". Can you tell she was saying in this picture?

I found about 3-4 Richard's Scarry's books and 2 of them were new. Those books at the bookstores are about 10-20 dls for hardcovers, and the cheapest I had seen them are 6 dls. Here each cost 10 cents to 25 cents. Not bad! Her favorite is the one about Colors!

Mike is enjoying some sherbet while Ari and I go through all the goodies I got.


Tiffany saw this guy at Michael's, it lights up when it hits the floor. She liked it some, but books and one stuff animal won, which follows into what are her favorite toys at this moment:


Remember Ann? She likes to have this turtle on quite often. She likes "the purple"
Duplos, she loves to destroy what we make for her. But, she helps me put the pieces back on the box and we count them so it is nice. Sometimes we separate the colors too.


This little fellow is adorable. It is an Old Navy and cost me 80 cents. I knew that she will like it and she does. It is one of her favorites.


Peekaboo!


Of course, we can't forget the little books. I bought this at a Jewel near Mike's school about 8 months or so ago. She loves them. That is something she plays with daily.


While I was watering I told her I did not want her to get wet. It was a bit chilly for that. So, she decided to wait for me by laying on the couch. How comfy.

My new Chicago Rose (that is the name of the rose). These are the second blooms of this year.

First Dahlia of the season. I planted quite a bit so hopefully it will look nice.


The name of this flower is escaping me right now :( but it is pretty.

Update in my tomatoes, they are getting bigger, can you see them?


First peppers of the season, I lost one pepper to either a squirrel or the raccon, although I am leaning toward squirrel. They bit it and realized they did not like it ;) so I had a chewed on pepper...

This soup I got t from a magazine ( I think it was Quick and Easy). It is really good for kids and tasted better the second day ( according to Mike)

Vegetable Soup

5 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup of onion, cut in small pieces
1.5 cups of fine slice carrots or you can shredded too
3 stalks of celery - finely cut
I Added 3 potatoes as well - finely cut
32 oz of Chicken broth
3 -4 cups of water
1.5 cups of ditalini pasta

I added some salt, pepper to taste. A little of thyme, marjoram, rosemary, and oregano. (To taste)

In a dutch pan, put some olive oil and when hot add the garlic for about 15 -20 seconds. Then add all the veggies: onion, potatoes, carrots, celery. Sautee for about 7-10 minutes. Then add the broth and water come to a boil. Add the pasta. Cook for 10-12 minutes, I reduced the heat to a medium heat and add all the spices.

To serve they call for some fresh parsley and permesan cheese, but you can also do some cilantro chilli, and lime instead.

1 comment:

Ann said...

aww! Yay she finally uses the toy I got her before she was born! heheh.