Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Chicken Soup!

I finally tried to do a chicken soup from scratch. I know it may seem like an easy thing to do, but I have never been very good in the kitchen and I am finally teaching myself because I want Arianna to eat something better than frozen food (or my very small repertoire)! So, I bought a whole - cut up chicken, some chicken stock, and lots of vegetables (zucchini, potatoes, carrots, chayote, cabbage {I forgot corn this time}, and tomato paste) and used the following herbs: thyme, oregano, marjoram, salt, pepper, bay leaves and fresh cilantro). Let it cook for about 2 hours. Then, once in the bowl add a few drops of lime and one chipotle pepper...turn out much better than I expected :) So, now off to try another chicken recipe... [I FORGOT TO SAY THAT I ADDED MINI ELBOW MACARONI AS WELL ":) ]

1 comment:

Ann said...

I love cooking soup from scratch. Tiffany has a great chicken noodle recipe--I've modified it to be chicken rice with lemon (kinda like the one soup at Dionysus except not creamy)