Sunday, April 18, 2010

52 projects #13 - Felt Flowers!

52_proj_badge_v2

My swap craft is coming soon and I needed to finish this project so after 31 flowers (30 for the swap - one for Arianna) I am done and very tired.  No scissors for awhile!  But, I like the end result.  I was going to do something different for the center, but liked how the antique buttons look so I went that route.

It took me about 3-4 days to cut all the flowers... phew!1  I was happy when I was done with them.  Putting them together was actually fun!
The best model ever! She was actually shy in the beginning, but build her courage :)
Realized that I like the mustard- burgundy combination too much, but I tried to make each one different :)  First time working on felt flowers and one day my baby will help me to make them again :)

ADDED later:  The pattern was an idea from a magazine that I get Southern  Living.  Although my flowers are style different they are the same in that it uses four sets of "flowers" to make one flower.  The actual shape was done by me using a quarter and a compass :) , but I am sure there are something similar somewhere. Also, that means that I cut 124 flowers to make 31.. phew so yes I was very happy when I was done with the last one.  And finally, family helped me as well.  Arianna either modeling a flower or telling me if it was perfect or awesome or ok and throwing some of the leftovers in the garbage and Mike helping me picked the buttons for each set of flowers.  :)

6 comments:

Diana said...

These are very sweet!

Michael Nelson said...

I love that picture of Arianna modelling. I also got to help out by helping to choose which buttons to use. :)

dreamer said...

Cute :)
You must have a lot of patience to cut out all those flowers,must be about 100 flowers or more altogether.Bet you were happy when the last one was finished.
Love the modelling pose :)

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane said...

Wow! I love the image of all the felt flowers! That's quite a project. I love the idea of the swap. Those flowers are sure to put a smile of peoples faces!

K A B L O O E Y said...

How does the swap work? I don't know if I could part with my handiwork after so much labor.