Sunday, February 21, 2010

From 52 Projects - #5 - Wood doll

For this week I decided to do something small and that I had not done since I was about 10.  I colored a wood doll for Ari.  You can see where she helped me so I had to give the doll a "scarf" for that reason and she has "gloves" as well.  I made the doll since I am also trying to finish a baby blanket that is going to be donated to a hospital and needs to be mail this week so that is going to be my project for this coming week.

52_proj_badge_v2

6 comments:

MrB said...

I like the scarf and gloves. Wouldn't it be nice if it was that easy to fix when we color outside the lines in life. But hey, what fun would that be?

Jane said...

I love the doll! I've been thinking of doing something like that to put over the fireplace; bride and groom dolls using our faces but coloring in our wedding clothes. I really love the the princess crown too :)0

dreamer said...

Reminds me of the paper dolls I used to colour in when I was a kid ,when you attached their paper clothes with little fold over tabs. Lovely!
Just checked out your raggy doll from last week too and it's great!
Hope grandma ad a lovely birthday xx

brandi said...

~so cute...great of you to embrace your little ones creativity and allow her to help...love her accessories...brightest blessings~

Annie Z said...

So cute!! The scarf and gloves are a lovely touch!

Lis said...

Something must be in the air because this is the second "doll" I've seen today and I love her! I think it would be great fun to amass a whole dinner party of divine divas ... lots of scarves and gloves for sure!