Sunday, February 28, 2010

52 projects #6 A baby blanket!


This blanket is my project for this week.  It is not for us.  But, it goes to a good cause:  My husband's cousin is collecting to donate blankets for a hospital - bought and homemade.  They are going to deliver all the blankets they got next week so I was trying to finish one!  (Plus we will buy some blankets too).  They will be in their way to them either Monday or Tuesday.  So, here is the blanket about 95% done, I am doing a nice trim around and voila - done!
It was quite an accomplishment taking into account we had a party on Saturday, a night out on Friday, and everyone got sick yesterday.  Plus, cooking, cleaning, and playing with Ari.  Quite a busy weekend :( Now, trying to get ready for the work week...

UPDATE:  I FINISHED THE TRIM, AND MAIL IT.  YEAH!
52_proj_badge_v2

6 comments:

Annie Z said...

Thats a lovely thing to do Erika!

brandi said...

~so sweet are you...it will be well loved i am sure! i have been wanting to do the same...we have a childrens hospital in a bigger city that i would love to be able to give such gifts...on my list of 101 things i'd like to do...well done...brightest blessings~

Jane said...

What an awesome project! I love those hand made baby blankets. And good for you for taking the time to work so hard on it with everything going on!

dreamer said...

Lovely blanket and a great way to give something of yourself. Hope you manage to get it trimmed and finished in time. :)

MrB said...

My kids had a blanket like that when they were little. Brings back memories. Thanks!

Tiffany said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! :) I will put you in my google reader! Love that blanket~ soooo cute!