Tuesday, October 28, 2008

For the bear!

Last week my sister was looking for a hippy costume for a talent show that one of my nieces was going to participate and since she had gone to a few thrift stores, we ended up going to the one where I had the guitar incident. So, I am browsing and waiting for my sister when I saw a bear from the Gund collection. It looked new and had the original price, but no price given from the second hand store. I asked a lady that worked there if there is anything that they can do since they do not sell without a price, she said go in the back. I peeked through and there are about 5-6 ladies putting prices to "new stuff" coming into the store. I asked the lady closes to the door (and it turns out it was the manager, not the same from before, that lady was in the front of the store like before). She said we cannot put a price now. I said when, she said in 2 hours. (Mind you there are 5-6 girls putting prices at 3-4 feet away from us). I said how much is going to be ($2.95) then she takes it from my hand. Arianna was in the sling and she was playing with it so she started whimpering and the lady did not care, she turned around and dropped the bear in a counter nearby. I was angry. I told my sister this is strike 2! I was just waiting for her so we can go when I saw that the manager had gone in front of the store because a customer needed help wit some furniture. So, I go in the back and I asked one of the ladies if they can put a tag in that bear. I said the lady that was here said it will be $2.95 dls. She asked why she did not put a tag? I said, she told me it could take up to 2 hours. I guess she saw the baby and she said are you sure she said that price, and I said yes. So, she told me wait outside (I stepped out about a foot away) and she came with the bear and as she was leaving she said to me, just don't tell her that I did it. So, I waited until she went in the back again (the manager) before we paid and left the store. I did not want to get the girl in trouble. So, I guess the managers are the meanies with bad attitudes. But, I was glad to see that there are other people that are nice. It took her 30 seconds to put a tag in the bear by the way. So, thank you girl! [Arianna loves that bear]

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Power to you! There are some nice people out there after all. :-) Wonderful story. I'm glad Ari loves her new teddy.