Thursday, September 11, 2008

Coming close to one year... (Part 1)


September 18 will be a year since we were so blessed by our little girl so I thought I should go back and remember some special moments (and some first moments). Like the baby shower on August 2007. We were opening some of the gifts and in this picture we realized " Oh, my God, this is it. We are about to be parents (especially after we opened the tiny onesies).








Mike getting the room ready for the baby. We bought some books that she plays with now.







The first time we brought the baby home (this was the day we left the hospital, we took this picture just when we were leaving), it felt surreal, happy, excited and a bit scary.










First bath taken at home. I was worri
ed that she was going to cry, but she did not and she loved it.









First restaurant trip, we went to Culver's and I think if she could have been able to eat, she would have gone for some fries. She loves french fries and mac-n-cheese.







First time my nieces and nephew (Logan is missing from the picture) met their cousin. They were very happy and a bit disappointed because they wanted to play with her already.







This pictures has a special place in my heart because Mike took a few pictures so I could see my baby while in the hospital due to an appendectomy. It was very comforting to see that she was ok, but I was so eager to go home with her.




First party/ celebration that she attended was the birthdays of her grandma and grandpa! (That is her Aunt Ann holding her and her cousin Glenn checking that everything is in order). I want to take the opportunity to say a million thanks to the Nelson Family, especially grandma and grandpa for their support in the first months of Ari coming home. It was priceless, thank you.





First trip to the grocery store. I think that going to the grocery store has become a nice tradition. She loves "to help" me put stuff in the cart, sometimes if I am not paying attention I find one or two items I did not put. I am happy to report as well that she loves fruits and vegetables. I know it may change, but for now her favorite is cantaloupe.




This was so much fun! Her first Halloween. You can see how excited she was. Her cousins Raven, Scarlett (in the picture), Phoenix, Logan and my sister Alma (in the picture as well) came with us to celebrate. Later on, my brother and his family came too. Arianna was dressed as a chili pepper :)


I would end with Halloween for this post, but there are a few more moments that will come soon...Enjoy!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

very adorable! I never saw the chili pepper costume, that was cute.

Evelyn said...

Beautiful memories and photos.
Amazing what gets done in a
course of one year.

Time sure does fly by fast.
Soon Ari will be 1 year old.

May it be the most memorable
event of the year. :-)

Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Ari :-)
(yeah, I know it's early but I still want to wish you the best..xoxox)

Erika (for Arianna :) said...

I loved this costume on her and if may fit this year, but since she wants to walk - not a good idea :)
Thanks Evelyn for your good wishes!